Test your implementation
When you have coded your system you probably want to make sure that it works properly. The following steps is a way to do this
- Check that you code runs. Set a break point at the main location.
- Check the that 1 millisecond clock works. The example code have a method DoOneSecondWork and you can toggle a pin here and verify that i toggles every second.
- Connect you device to the bus and press the init. button to see if it send some events. Maybe even better is to add a send event line code to you code after everything is initialized.
- Check that your node can receive events. Best way to do this is to set a break point in the getVSCPFrame or toggle a pin also here.
- If all this works start VSCP works and verify that you unit is found in the scan function.
- Last go to the configuration functionality of VSCP Works and verify that it works. Test that you can change the values in all rw values etc.
- Test your devices functionality.